Re: Debian CDs

From: Joerg Jaspert (joerg@debian.org)
Date: Sat May 04 2002 - 17:38:57 CEST

Eduard Bloch <edi@gmx.de> writes:

>> - Should i use the normal Installsystem or PGI ?
> I personally prefer the normal installation system, but I am not
> objective.

Today i started with debian-cd. I dont know if i give pgi a try, it
wants to install too much other things. :)

>> - Should i make only an Image for one CD or for more (woody is
>> biiiiiig)
> IMO yes. We should merge packages list of the last lt-CD, merge with
> Knoppix list and drop non-free and knoppix-specific packages.

Yes, its big. If i say all Packages i get 6CDs :)

>> - I will use bf2.4, no 2.2.x Kernel.
> I suggest to put bf2.4 and bf2.4-xfs on a (isolinux) multiboot CD.

If i saw it right the new debian-cd makes a isolinux CD. I dont know, i
dont made an .ISO yet. Just the package lists (see below).

>> - Who will test them (i put them on people.d.o).
> IMO bad idea, ppl.d.o has too slow for big downloads.

Give me a faster server. I only have DSL. :)

But now:

Look at http://people.debian.org/~joerg
At the bottom you find something for the Linuxtag. Today only one
.tar.bz2. It contains 2 subdirs and a README. There are the package
lists and what i used to get them.

Please note: Im very new to debian-cd, i mainly do this to learn it. So
if there is anything wrong give me Input. This is only the first
try. We can change it :)
I think we should have the ISO finished til 16 May so the one who makes
the copys has enough time for it.

I dont used a knoppix Package list for now.

--
begin  OjE-ist-scheisse.txt
bye, Joerg