Re: LinuxTag

From: Thimo Neubauer (thimo@debian.org)
Date: Sun Apr 28 2002 - 16:36:03 CEST

On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 06:00:58PM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> we need somebody to
> - recreate the old posters (this are all potato posters...)
> - print the posters on >>DIN A4 paper...
> (maybe someone from a university?)

I can offer the printing stuff. While I haven't ever used the big
plotter of ours I guess that I'll cope with it. Just send me the files
and I'll try to get them printed.

> joey: have the LT 2002 a hacking center again?
>
> I don't think we get a extra room for debian!

Well, I only dreamed that it could be a special room ;) Maybe just a
place somewhere with a couple of tables (three) in a corner where
nobody else can have a booth. Joey: do you have some unusable space in
the hall? :)

> Someone is all the time on the demopoint with the beamer and talk
> with visitors and show debian (apt-get, update-menues, all the
> stuff). All without a programm.

That sounds reasonable for the time between the talks. Good idea.

> from time to time we can use the beamer for a extra scheduled talks,
> a installation demo etc. (max 3 per Day ?)

I fear that 3 a day is not enough. If I imagine a LinuxTag-visitor
he/she doesn't want to wait two hours to get a presentation. But if we
haven't got enough to tell every hour it's ok as well.

CU
   Thimo

--
Thimo Neubauer <thimo@debian.org>