Re: Linuxtag

From: Michael Bramer (grisu@debian.org)
Date: Sat Apr 27 2002 - 21:45:40 CEST

On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 08:30:45PM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org> writes:
>
> >> It is a P2/233 with 96MB RAM and a 4.2GB HDD (SCSI) on a Adaptec
> >> AIC7XXX. Network is a 100MBit Card.
> >> I will setup a Debian SID on it in the next days. I write you a mail if
> >> i have it. :)
> >> Thats not enough space to let it work as a local ftp mirror (for the
> >> Installpresentation). The other System has 8GB, not enough too i think
> >> for both, SE and ftp. So we will play DJ with 8 CDs :)
> > you get all needed packages in 8GB (and maybe 4GB too)
> > (we don't need packages like lib.*perl.*-dev ... )
>
> Yes, but then there is no room for the SE-System. And the other PC
> should be the "Install" PC (either for "Let the User install it and
> just answer questions" or for a Install-Show).

I don't think a normal *-User can install Debian ...

If a *-User install debian in the Install-Show, this will not a good
debian promotion.

Please make it yourself and explain all steps and make a real
installation (base, X11, Sound, Mouse (maybe with gpm), dsl and/or ppp,
net, ...)

And test this all befor the the Linuxtag. You don't need a script.

Gruss
Grisu

--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
Earth is flat,  pigs can fly, and nuclear power is safe.  (Greenpeace)