Re: Planungen LinuxTag

From: Stefan Gybas (gybas@trustsec.de)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 15:21:14 CEST

On Sat, Apr 20, 2002 at 01:41:36PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:

> 1.6.1 What ought to be on the CD?

I vote for Knoppix (or a modified version of it). Debian's
installation is not easy for beginners so Knoppix might be more
valuable for them. It's also nice to have a CD that you can take with
you and show Windows users the benefits of Linux in less than 2
minutes.

What about the LinuxTag CDs? Are they putting Knoppix on one of them
like they did last year? Then we should of course put woody on our
CD.

> 1.6.2 Who is going to master the CD?

I can do this if we are going to use Knoppix. I've been building custom
Knoppix CDs (with NVidia's X11 drivers and Java stuff) for quite some
time and showed them to some friends. Everybody was very excited about
this CD and wanted a copy!

> 1.6.4 Who is going to make test installations etc?

No need to do this if we are going to use Knoppix. :-)

--
Stefan Gybas