Re: Debian @ Wizard of OS 2

From: Steffen Evers (forevers@gmx.de)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2001 - 20:05:53 CEST

On the WOS II timetable there are two slots reserved for Debian Project
(with Frank Ronneburg & BUUG as performer) on Saturday, 13th Oct, 13h-14h
and 14h-15h in room K2.

I have not heard anything from Frank or anyone else if this time table
is valid or this slots have been replaced by someone else.

I hope Frank will reply to this mail.

As well, there is still the lack of a real Debian developer. It would be
nice if Joey would attend it, but as I know how much stuff Joey
processes all the time, I suggest you (Joey) only come over to Berlin
when you are in the mood. If no one else steps forward I will handle
this on my own and ask hereby for any useful highlights and accurate
numbers (ports, developers, packages, derived distributions, users, etc.)
of the Debian project. This would not replace a Debian developer, but it
would stop me from telling to much nonsense :-).

Anyway, until I hear anything else I will assume to maintain a one
hour workshop on Saturday 13h-14h in room K2 on my own :-(.

If I get stuck because of a lack of knowledge about Debian I will simple
move the topic over to my main subject: "open source/free software
developement process in general". I can talk for hours about this one. :-)

I can also handle a booth from time to time as well, but not all the
time and as I have no car I cannot bring any equipment in.

Cheers, Steffen