Re: Linux Expo on the Philippines

From: Martin Schulze (joey@finlandia.infodrom.north.de)
Date: Fri Oct 05 2001 - 22:18:44 CEST

Martin Schulze wrote:
> are there some people around who live on the Philippines? I have
> received an offer for the Debian Project to give a talk about Debian
> and run a booth to demonstrate the our free operating system at the
> conference taking place on November 5th. I don't know of any
> developer we have on the Philippines.

The date has moved. The "Linux Today and Beyond" Conference we've
organized will now take place at New World Hotel in Makati on October
30, 2001.

They have asked me for a talk covering the highlights of Debian. Do
we have somebody already who would be interested in giving a talk?
Could the guys from the PLUG ask around there maybe?

For the booth I guess I'll have to try to persuade them a little bit
since they said that "as sponsor, you'd be provided space/booth for
your organization during the event [..]". Well, that doesn't match
for Debian.

They expect some 500 people attending the show.

> Some helpful material could be found at:

... for a talk and for running a booth:

> http://www.debian.org/events/
> http://www.infodrom.ffis.de/Debian/events/

Never trust an operating system you don't have source for!