Re: Systems timetable?

From: Jens Schmalzing (jens.schmalzing@physik.uni-muenchen.de)
Date: Thu Oct 04 2001 - 14:58:39 CEST

Hi,

Michael Bramer writes:

> IMHO we [need] one box for demonstration with a woody or sid and a
> running X, ethernet card and maybe sound.

There is a spare machine at Munich University which I can borrow for
the whole duration of the Systems exhibition. It is a dual Pentium
III system with 512 MB RAM, 18 GB hard disk, 100 MBit ethernet and
soundcard, so it should be sufficient for our purpose. There is no OS
on the machine right now, can we take care of this on Sunday or Monday
morning? I understand that the machine will be insured, is it also
possible to put it on a chain or somesuch? Do we need monitor,
keyboard, mouse, speakers?

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!