Re: CD sponsors, ideas, tips

From: David N. Welton (davidw@apache.org)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 13:34:05 CEST

    Martin Schulze <joey@finlandia.infodrom.north.de> writes:

    > David N. Welton wrote:

    > > [ please CC replies to me - I should be subscribed, but I haven't got
    > > the confirm ]

    > You're not, please retry.

    The confirmation came through a short time before your reply...

    > > I am desperately trying to get together a Debian stand for
    > > http://www.webbit2001.org (site only in Italian, sorry), an
    > > 'event'

    > Could you provide more data to me? As when, how long, where,
    > exhibition || conference

    It will be at the Padova 'fairgrounds', July 26-27-28, and several
    things will be going on:

    An expo, where we have managed to secure a stand to promote 'software
    libero', in the guise of Debian and the italian Free Software
    Association.

    A sort of ongoing hacking party called the 'campus'.

    A large selection of workshops/presentations.

    > > regarding the web, and internet in general, and am trying to think
    > > of ideas of how to get some Debian CD's. Any ideas?

    > Best guess would be to ask vendors in your area (check the vendors
    > page at <http://www.debian.org/distrib/vendors>. You could also ask
    > fog@mixadlive.com who had provided the project with bilingual flyers
    > last year.

    I'm in contact with Federico, but thought that asking here couldn't
    hurt:-)

    Thanks,

    --
    David N. Welton