Re: LinuxTag: Current status of CD images

From: Michael Bramer (grisu@debian.org)
Date: Thu May 17 2001 - 07:47:20 CEST

    On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 06:21:53PM -0500, Roland Bauerschmidt wrote:
    > > - some people working on the boot floppies.
    >
    > Indeed... Last year, Peter and I (especially Peter) had to hack the
    > boot-floppies in the last minute to make them even install... Grisu
    > suggested that we'd first start with potato boot floppies, and if we
    > have enough time, try to get the woody boot floppies to work for us
    > which would be the prefered solution, of course. Language chooser or
    > debootstrap from woody boot floppies would especially be nice...
    > Speaking of language, last year we had German boot floppies which I
    > think was really neat... I think we should try to do that this year,
    > too. Grisu? Peter?

    I have see same cvs log entries with german updates. I hope the german
    *.txt and *.po files are most finish. But I someone have time, he can
    start and make a check of the translations.

    Now we have a first running woody BFs with same bugs (see the
    debian-boot mailing list). I make a cvs update on my source of the
    boot floppies and play a little with the source. I make also a first
    build of the new BF's.

    Now I am going to the Margdeburger Linux Tag and after this (maybe
    Wednesday) I start with the new BF.

    Gruss
    Grisu

    "One World, One Web, One Program" - Microsoft Promotional Ad
    "Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuehrer" - Adolf Hitler