Re: LinuxTag CDs - my opinion (as if anybody cares)

From: Gerfried Fuchs (alfie@innocent.com)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 10:44:09 CEST

    On Mon, Apr 30, 2001, Michael Meskes wrote:
    >> 3. What packages to put on the CDs?
    >> -----------------------------------

    >> 1. KDE
    >> 2. Gnome?? If we have KDE on it people will expect us to ship Gnome as
    >> well just to be fair :(

     Netscape? Although it's non-free I think it is the most used app even
    on a debian system, and it's hard to let them go without.
     Just my 0.02 EUR.

     You should also take a look at <http://people.debian.org/~apenwarr/popcon/>
    and take that into account when choosing packages. Although I wouldn't
    rely too much on that list it's a good way to get an idea about what
    packages might be useful.

     So long!
    Alfie

    --
    Our policy is, when in doubt, do the right thing.
                    -- Roy L. Ash, ex-president Litton Industries