[jens@neppe.com: Re: Braunchweig im Mai: [Fwd: Debian-Stand]]

From: Roland Bauerschmidt (rb@debian.org)
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 14:41:52 CET

    I guess this mail was supposed to be send here...

    Roland

    --
    Roland Bauerschmidt

    attached mail follows:

    Roland Bauerschmidt wrote: > > Martin Schulze wrote: > > Err... folks be prepared to require a *CAR* (that stinky thing with four > > wheels...) to transport it, that alpha doesn't just show up here and > > there... > > In addition, it is quite heavy as well... I don't want to carry it on my > one for a longer distance... > > -- > Roland Bauerschmidt > > -- > To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-events-eu-request@lists.debian.org > with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

    Hi!

    I might be able to organize something like a car. My parents live in Braunschweig. It just depends on how long the distance is( I don't want to transport hardware from Munich to Braunschweig. ) But keep in mind that it's just a Golf(car). I also have to say, that I cannot be present at the booth on Sunday, 6th May due to one of these family events called birthday. : ( But I can shurely help at the end of the event.

    I thought about bringing along my i486 DX/2 66MHz 4MB Ram Colani BlueNote. It's not ready configured yet *smile* and there's still a Debian 2.1 on it. I would put the potato on the harddisk, if you want. :)))) But it is a good way to demonstrate that there is no need to buy new hardware to get Debian running... Perhaps I could show how to send SMS with it. In fact, most of the other Distributions hand out a Pentium optimized Kernel so that you can not boot an i486 or give out a memory error.

    How do you think about that? Bye,

    Jens

    --
    Microsoft? Is that some kind of toilet paper?