Re: [OT] looking for travelling companion from Netherlands to Linux Expo Moscow

From: Joost van Baal (joostvb@mdcc.cx)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 15:42:54 CET

    On Sat, Feb 17, 2001 at 02:06:22AM +0300, Peter Novodvorsky wrote:
    > ++ 16/02/01 23:42 +0100 - J.A. Bezemer:
    > >
    > > http://panic.et.tudelft.nl/~costar/linuxexpoamsterdam2001/posters/debian_propaganda3_en.wp8.ps
    >
    > I'll try to print them, but we are low on budget and we have sponsor that
    > can sponsor us with CDs, not with money for printing ;-(((. The second variant
    > will be great (poor Joost, you'll have to carry a lot of things. Be sure, I'll
    > help you with the Moscow part ;-).

    I'll bring posters (from Paul, kinda handmade) and flyers (from Anne) with me.
    And I could print some Tshirts. I expect this to cost me about 12 euro per
    shirt (or maybe a bit less. Do you think I could sell some to your friends
    in moscow? (I understood we're not allowed to sell anything to the public.)

    > > Around mentioned URL is more promotional stuff (posters/artwork/special-
    > > edition CD image) that might be useful.
    >
    > Heh, it's interesting. Debian people will also give a talk at Poland and
    > Hungary. They need promotional staff too. If someone could go to Czech Republic
    > and give a talk there.... It would be great, because natives don't have time
    > recources for this activity ;-(.

    I myself have no experience in giving talks on subjects like debian. (And,
    to be honest, don't really feel like doing this now.) I'm planning to
    be away from home for about a week, so don't think I can make it a real
    tour around eastern europe.

    > Anyway, we should think about sending posters to Poland/Hungary.

    I tried to get posters printed, but it's too expensive for me alone. It's
    only affordable if you print a really huge amount of them. I think we
    really should start building a stock of this kinda stuff...

    I'd like to bring some hardware with me. Does anybody know how much kilo's
    one is generally allowed to bring with him, while travelling by plane? (The
    sun monitor is awfully heavy :( )

    Bye,

    --
    Joost