Re: Vorfuehrungen LinuxTag

Subject: Re: Vorfuehrungen LinuxTag
From: Alexander Reelsen (ar@rhwd.net)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 17:14:56 CEST

Hi

On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 05:06:43PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> habt ihr euch mal ueberlegt, was auf dem Stand vorgefuehrt werden
> soll? Oder wollt ihr nur 10 Rechner hinstellen und Linux generell
> zeigen?
This question just raised here again.
Currently I am not counting 10 pcs, but only 3-4 instead.

Amiga 3000 ---> potato from Frank Neumann
SparcStation 1+ ---> potato from Frank Neumann
Digital AlphaStation 200 4/166 ---> potato from Roland Rosenfeld
Laptop ---> potato from Henning Heinold (he just told me this is not
sure)

Some questions/statements to the above situation:

- As Frank goes one day before the linuxtag ends, we will not have his
  two PC's for that. We need replacements for them. Anyone?
- Roland, is that Alpha the same I saw during the "Braunschweiger
  Linuxtage"? If it is, I won't ask Andreas Schuldei about it.
- Is here anyone, who wants to sponsor a powerful i386 for showing some
  "debian multimedia apps" (I'll rethink about this name).

Now, what can be shown on the PC's?
First of all, my intent had been to show some debian package managers,
which are not natively debian, like sl-stormpkg and the corel tool, along
with gnome-apt (if it still exists), dselect, capt and stock dpkg.

Then a PC with a self-repeating mgp presentation would possibly be nice.
However I do not have the time and capability to make a presentation what
attracts the masses. Anyone else?

Then, of course, presenting X with lots of free apps (you remember my
expression above? ;)) like AbiWord, GIMP, Sawfish, GNOME. For this one a
powerful PC with some RAM is needed.

I'm sure I missed a lot of things... be creative. :)

> Re Rechner: Macht euch bitte klar, wieviel Platz auf dem Stand
> ist und wieviel Platz Rechner und Tische brauchen.
Yes. We will. Not to forget the size of big monitors.

MfG/Regards, Alexander

--
Alexander Reelsen   http://joker.rhwd.de
ref@linux.com       GnuPG: pub 1024D/F0D7313C  sub 2048g/6AA2EDDB