Re: task packages und sonstiges

Subject: Re: task packages und sonstiges
From: Peter Ganten (peter@ganten.org)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 12:20:05 CEST

Othmar Pasteka writes:

> On Sat, Jun 03, 2000 at 06:32:06PM +0200, Peter Ganten wrote:
> > unfortunatly they used still netscape / communicator 4.72, fixed.
>
> yep i know, i didn't see a mail on the ML that you are including
> 4.73.

This has been discussed quite long on the mailing list.

> > As you know, the deadline is over since today, so we won't accept new
> > stuff.
> > Expect the CD-Image to show up on Rolands server tomorrow.
>
> it's rather stupid to nitpick on important things like
> documentation. maybe you understimate the importance of this (at
> least to me it's quite important, i don't know about the others)

Sure, but you can't just assume, that we have enough time to wait for
your stuff. Building and testing a CD takes about 3 hours on my
machine (including compilation of boot-floppies etc.). We also have to
do a new source code CD, since we have a new (boot-floppies)
source-code package with your changes.

> but the ones you actually took from cvs weren't synced with
> potato (i told you why ... the thing i am going to do shortly)

I know. The bad thing is, that you left the documentation in the CVS
in a state, where it didn't compile, even though you knew, that Roland
and myself wanted to build the stuff last weekend. So we had to fix
your stuff to get at least something done. (unfortunatly
dpkg-buildpackage doesn't stop, if it can't build some part of the
docs, so we saw it, after we made the first images.)

> documentation is done. compiles without probs. so
> could you be so kind and include it? i don't know how you build
> the iso but if it's just a script or something similar it
> shouldn't be a problem to replace a few files.

In fact, I am building the CD again now, since there were other
problems yesterday, so if there won't be some problem with the newly
generated boot-floppies, your stuff will be in.

> btw. i would like to know when the cd manufacturer has to have
> the iso image (or whoever needs to get it).

We have to send it out tommorrow, better today.

Greetings,

Peter

--
Peter Ganten