Re: CD-Cover, zweiter Entwurf

Subject: Re: CD-Cover, zweiter Entwurf
From: Martin Schulze (joey)
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 11:44:34 CEST

Frank Neumann wrote:

> Hi,
> (in english this time!)
>
> a second hopefully-not-too-draft version of the CD cover image is at
> http://www.viona.de/~franky/logo2.jpg. Please check it out and send
> comments.

 . The sign "Sonderausgabe..." looks very good.

 . The text "http://..." looks strange because of two transparent
   backgrounds.

 . The URL lacks the path, i.e. trailing "/".

 . I wonder if it would be possible to move the URL to the top between
   LinuxTag logo and the blue sign. In that case there should not be
   a transparent background

 . In Germany, opening Dibbelchen are at the bottom, closing
   Dibbelchen at the top. Since you haven't used a typewriter font,
   would it be possible to create ,, before and '' after the word
   'potato'? - Only nitpicks, though

> My comments for your information:
> - The mentioning of ID-PRO as the sponsor is, I believe, fair.

See my other mail, can you consider placing LOB somewhere at the
cover?

> - The color bar underneath the URL line is probably overkill - I only put
> it there because without that bar the grey text in the background and
> the URL text interfere a bit. Better suggestions welcome.

Make it similar to the "Sonderausgabe.."-sign. It's confusing using
one/two transparent backgrouns.

Gruesse,

Computers are not intelligent.  They only think they are.