CD label, first draft

Subject: CD label, first draft
From: Frank Neumann (franky@viona.de)
Date: Sun May 28 2000 - 18:15:43 CEST

Hi every1,

the first draft of the _label_ of our CD is now at
http://www.viona.de/~franky/label1.jpg. Please review and comment.

My comments:

- The label is going to be printed in 2 colors; but I sticked to "mono"
  with this one for now. Background is white with plain black on top of it.
  We might want to use a different color from black to make it slightly
  more appealing - like maybe the same blue the was used for the cover.

- There is no "LinuxTag" logo on the label because ID-PRO asked for this:
  This way they can reuse left-over CDs for other purposes which are not
  connected to the LinuxTag.

- I'm not sure if we need a copyright notice on the CD - if so, what should
  it be?

- Also, I'm not sure if we should (or are allowed) to put a
  "Compact Disc/DataStorage" logo on the CD. If we should do this, where
  is a .eps or high-res version of such a logo?

I'm open to suggestions, but keep in mind that both cover logo and CD label
have to be given to the graphic studio by Monday - so hurry up with your
comments. If there are no shopstoppers from your side, this draft is also
the version I'll be sending to the studio.

Regards,
Frank