Re: windows program (fwd)

Subject: Re: windows program (fwd)
From: Eduard Bloch (edi@gmx.de)
Date: Sat May 27 2000 - 13:08:33 CEST

Moin Roland!
Roland Bauerschmidt schrieb am Donnerstag, den 25. Mai 2000:

> > Could a native english speaker check my translation and correct typos
> > and other mistakes?
>
> I think German is more important right now.

Okay, German translation is complete, English too. The language is
choosen automaticaly. The program can be used on Linux CDs now.

Q: What about adding XFDisk to the lt2k-CD? This DOS-based fdisk-program
is better than MS' and provides a nice-looking boot manager, which can
be installed into MBR while LILO is installed into the bootblock of the
linux partition. The program is GPL'ed, see
http://www.uni-bonn.de/~uzsv20/index_de.html

Q: I planned to write a small FAQ for beginners and people, that has
small Linux experience but did never used Debian before. Something like
the text that SuSE puts on their CD cover (but more usefull, not such
dumb questions that SuSE expects from their users :). Any hints? Any
ideas? I wrote some lines on my lt2k-page,
http://www.eduard.bloch.com/lt2k/

To Roland Bauerschmidt:
Please check the install/winstart/*.{ini,bat} before mastering the CD.
The paths to documents and floppy images should be corrected.

Eduard.

Eduard Bloch <eb@zombie.inka.de>; HP: http://eduard.bloch.com/edecosi
0xEDF008C5(gpg): E6EB 98E2 B885 8FF0 6C04  5C1D E106 481E EDF0 08C5