Re: "linuxtag"-cleanup package

Subject: Re: "linuxtag"-cleanup package
From: Torsten Landschoff (torsten@debian.org)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 11:14:08 CEST

On Mon, May 22, 2000 at 09:50:14PM +0200, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
> > yes, i also thought of such a think, like a starting point which
> > points to various other things. the problem i am having is, that
> > i don't know how we tell the users that they should open netscape
> > to get the initial page. imho it's not a problem of
> > implementation but one how we do it.
>
> Have the window manager launch netscape by default?

I think the best solution for this would be to arrange a desktop how we
would like it at the first login, save the session and copy that session
data to /etc/skel. That way every new created user will start with the
same desktop.

Comments?

    Torsten

--
Torsten Landschoff           Bluehorn@IRC               <torsten@debian.org>
           Debian Developer and Quality Assurance Committee Member