Logo animation, first drafts..

Frank Neumann (franky@viona.de)
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 19:52:50 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,
ok, so this is a bazaar, no cathedral..

I created a tiny page with my current work in progress on animating the
Debian logo with POVRay. It's a bit difficult because the logo is so
jaggy - so I had to use a heightfield for it, which makes the object
appear jaggy as well, but please check for yourself. There's a still image
and a small animated GIF (I was just playing with gifsicle etc), nothing
really usable as demo yet, but it's a start.

Check it out at: http://www.viona.de/~franky/deblogo.html

Now, what I'd need: Can someone tell me what font was used for the "Debian"
text right besides the logo at our homepage (www.debian.org?). I'm sure I
have that some font somewhere around here, but don't want to dive into
several CDs to find it.

My plans now are to create some kind of camera flight around the logo, with
acceleration/decelaration and maybe some lighting effects. Finally it's going
to be an .mpg animation. I'd have liked to add in some kind of "swoosh" sounds,
but it seems there's currently no really usable free mpeg system multiplexer
around, so this will remain a "silent" animation (I do have a Windows-based
multiplexer at home, but we want to stay in the more-or-less free software
area, right? Yes, I know, POVRay is in non-free).

Frank
-
To unsubscribe: send mail to Majordomo@Infodrom.North.DE with the
text "unsubscribe debian-events-de" in the message body.