Changes in the project

From: Martin Schulze (joey@infodrom.org)
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 17:52:52 CEST

This will the last mail that will be distributed through the address
live-gnu-linux@lists.infodrom.org, M-F-T is set accordingly.

Hosting
-------

Admin: ffis e.V.
FTP: Uni Oldenburg

After a bit of negotiation with the ffis e.V. Board we decided that it
makes more sense to make "Live GNU/Linux" an official project of the
ffis e.V. and switch to ffis e.V. resources.

Mailing-List
resubscribe. The web archive stays where it is now.

Website
-------

New address: http://live-gnu-linux.ffis.de/

This also means a change in the address for the website, which will be
<http://live-gnu-linux.ffis.de/>. The address is already working.

The website is maintained by WML and CVS. It will be rebuilt every
six hours (cron: 12 */6 * * *).

The CVS repository for the website is public and can be accessed
through anonymous CVS via :pserver:. It can also be accessed through
the web at <http://cvs.ffis.de/live-gnu-linux.ffis.de/?cvsroot=live>

Bernhard, please send me an encrypted password and a preferred account
name so I can grant you write access to the repository.

There is also a CVS dumpster for the website, so that diffs of the
website get distributed as well. The list is named
live-web-cvs@lists.ffis.de. Feel free to subscribe. Details are
here: <http://live-gnu-linux.ffis.de/list.html>

FTP-Space
---------

We have been granted download space on ftp.uni-oldenburg.de. We must
not place "warez" and similar stuff there, but I don't think this will
be a problem for us.

Bernhard, please send me your (and maybe Vincents) public ssh key so I
can install it.

The account is livegnu@ftp.uni-oldenburg.de . There's a chance you
cannot log in into this account from a dialup/dsl yet. I've seen a
strange routing problem but I'll have to contact somebody else at the
university for this.

The fingerprint of the SSH public key for this host is:
1024 1a:b4:97:d2:c7:9c:c5:ae:63:38:e4:c2:d8:dc:32:2d

The host does not yet provide HTTP access but maybe this could be
added later.

Currently there is not too much free space on the ftp partition, but
there's still 10 GB left, so that it should not be a problem to fill
2.5 GB at the moment (or 2x 2.5 GB if we want to store two versions,
which makes sense, imho).

There's more free space on the home partition, so you can upload into
the home directory and move the images around when you're done.

Still can't talk about what I can't talk about.  Sorry.  -- Bruce Schneier