Re: ML

From: Martin Schulze (joey@infodrom.org)
Date: Tue Mar 23 2004 - 16:34:24 CET

Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Can you make majordomo send our List-Id headers?
> I would prefer them over X-Mailinglist ones.

Why? In my understanding List-Id lines are as good or bad as
X-Mailing-List lines. As long as there's a unique identifier in
the mail header for people to distinguish the list there shouldn't
be a problem.

If you insist on a List-Id header line I'd propose the following
(untested, though) procmail snippet:

    :0 fhw
    | formail -A "List-Id: live GNU/Linux <$MATCH>"

GNU GPL: "The source will be with you... always."