[LT Infomail#4] Network, Posters, Plans, Social Event, AKK

From: Martin Schulze <joey@linuxtag.org>
Date: Fri May 20 2005 - 14:58:34 CEST

http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2005/infomail-4.html
[ available in a couple of hours ]

1. Network

   We will have a sponsored terrestrial network for projects booths
   again. The bandwidth will be provided by Schlund + Partner and the
   connection to LinuxTag by Telemaxx. For you this means good
   connectivity again (compared to flaky WLAN).

   For me this means that I'm in need of long network cables again. If
   you can spare cables of 50 m length or longer, I'd be glad if you
   could get in touch with me so I can design the cabling. We will
   build the network on Tuesday and dismantle it on Saturday again
   when you're closing your booth as well.

2. Posters and Flyers

   Due to a stupid typo, no requests for posters and flyers (except
   for the test requests conducted by me) before May 17th have reached
   me yet. Hence, if you have ordered (gratis!) posters and flyers
   already, please repeat this again. The flyers are available in
   German only, unfortunately. The posters should be usable for people
   who don't understand German as well, as the most important
   components are similar in all languages.

   You would help us and yourself a lot if you would distribute flyers
   and posters in your neighbourhood (i.e. universities, computer
   stores, book stores with books about Free Software, other public
   places etc.). The benefit would be more visitors who will probably
   also reach your booth so that you should be able to attract more
   people to the software you're working on.

3. Booth Plans

   Since the date of LinuxTag gets closer each day, it also becomes
   more important for me to be able to assign booths for the projects
   and finalise the exhibition map. In order to do this, I need
   appropriate input on what you plan and expect to do with and at the
   booth. Most important for me is what kind of equipment are you
   planning to use, how much space this needs, and how many project
   members will likely staff the booth daily.

   Hence, please add all the current plans for your booth as
   [1]comments to the projects interface. Please also add missing
   booth staff members. From the list of booth staff I will also
   compile the number of exhibitor tickets later.

   1. http://www.infodrom.org/LinuxTag/edit_comment.php3

   There are some projects that don't have a booth assigned yet and
   also not entered any information about their plan for LinuxTag. I
   cannot calculate the required booth size reliable. I'm not even
   sure I can grant a project a booth if I don't see a motion for
   weeks.

   The projects frontend is the only location for such comments and
   plans which ensures that I won't miss them when I do the
   calculation and assignments. You may also send me your ideas via
   mail if that's more convenient for you. I'll convert them into
   comments upon reception, though.

   Please think about what you would like to demonstrate at the booth.
   How much hardware does this require? What kind of hardware? How
   much space is needed for this? What else will you bring to
   LinuxTag? How many people will be at the booth?

4. Social Event

   There will be a [2]social event again this year. However, for the
   first time it is outsourced entirely. The [3]social event is usually a
   quite amazing mixture of suits and shirts, i.e. mostly booth
   personnel and speakers. It will take place on Friday at the
   restaurant "Nancy" in the Nancyhalle adjacent to the Festplatz
   which is about 1 minute far from the LinuxTag locations in the same
   compound. The regular price is EUR 25.00.

   2. http://www.linuxtag.org/2005/de/socialevent.html
   3. http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2005/faq.html#pricey

   For members of exhibiting projects, we have secured 150 sponsored
   tickets with reduced a fee for EUR 15.00. Registration is required
   for these, of course. Unfortunately the number of 150 is a really
   hard limit since this social event is organised by a LinuxTag
   service provider (newthinking) and also financially separated. This
   gives us no room for manoeuvre. When 150 reduced tickets have been
   registered in the online system, no more can be registered.

   Hence, please only mark yourself for the social event when you know
   that you will actually attend this year's event or free the
   registration again otherwise. If you can afford paying the regular
   price, please also consider the possibility to [4]register for a
   non-sponsored ticket. In that case please don't mark yourself in
   the projects interface.

   4. mailto:socialevent@linuxtag.org

5. Breakfast at the AKK

   Those of you who will sleep at the AKK facility, which is
   thankfully organised by the friendly KaLUG people can get breakfast
   there as well. It will cost EUR 1.50 each day. The facility can be
   used from Tuesday evening to Sunday morning.

Computers are not intelligent.  They only think they are.