[LT Infomail#1] Preparations, Fees, Descriptions, Logos, Banners

From: Martin Schulze <joey@linuxtag.org>
Date: Mon Apr 04 2005 - 16:09:18 CEST

http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2005/infomail-1.html
[ available in a couple of hours ]

1. LinuxTag 2005 Preparations

   Welcome everybody! In less than three months this year's LinuxTag
   will start, which means that there's a lot of work to do during the
   following weeks if we want to come up with a successful event
   again.

   Many projects have already started with the plannings. However,
   still many things are missing and need to be decided and planned
   until LinuxTag can start.

   If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me.
   However, if possible I will point to the [40]FAQ which should
   already contain most of the information you'll need. You will also
   find additional information at [1]. Don't worry about the Debian
   part, since this directory is just a collection for both general
   and Debian related organisation.

   1. http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2005/

2. Entry fees

   Starting with this year LinuxTag will cost entrance fees for most
   visitors. The prices (one day EUR 15, two days EUR 25, all days EUR
   35) are listed on the LinuxTag site[2]. There are plans for a
   community program that will offer tickets without fees for
   community members.

   2. http://www.linuxtag.org/typo3site/eintritt.html

   The exhibitor passes for project booth members will continue to be
   free of cost (or at least that's what Joey is trying to achieve one
   way or another). However, they are not meant as an excuse for
   regular visitors to safe the entrance fee. Hence, please don't
   abuse this and don't add random visitors as booth staff if they
   don't belong to your booth. I've already fought a fight against a
   special fee for project members, so please don't let me down.

3. Descriptions

   We need descriptions for all projects that will participate in the
   exhibition. They will be used on the website (both Infodrom and
   LinuxTag) and on print works (such as the exhibition journal) and
   maybe also in other online reports and listings (maybe somebody
   wants to write something up for LWN or Newsforge?). Please ensure
   that there is a German and an English description.

   The description should contain information about your project and
   give the readers an objective view of what they have to expect at
   the booth. It should be written as an objective article and not
   like "Here you will see foo". The description should also only
   consist of continuous text and not contain lists and the like.
   Also, there's a special field for URLs, so they don't need to be
   part of the description.

   Please only use <p> tags in the description since other markup
   won't be reproduced properly on other media. Additionally, please
   write the description so that it can be shortened from the end,
   when a shorter description is required for a particular list.

   If you are not 100% sure that your descriptions fit these needs,
   please check them again. If you have any questions with regards to
   the description, please get in touch with me.

4. Logos

   I would also like to collect two types of logos for your project.
   One should be useful for presentations in the web, such as a
   projects listing on the LinuxTag website. Hence, a small
   resolution.

   The second graphic, however, should be of a resolution as high as
   possible. This one will be used for print media. A large TIFF file
   or a PostScript file would be best. If I should have such a graphic
   from last year already, a note would be helpful, so I can actually
   check the archives.

5. Banners for You

   Several people have asked for banners which they can put on their
   website to link to the LinuxTag site. We have finally created a set
   of images which you could add to your site. Adding a link to the
   LinuxTag website is always appreciated and helps us since visitors
   of your site can get more information about the event. However, we
   don't want to enforce this.

   Three banners have been created. Feel free to select one to add it
   to your own website:
   * [3]234x60 (English)
   * [4]234x60 (German)
   * [5]150x150 (German)