[LT Infomail#7] Garbage, Furniture, Network, Reports, Arriving

From: Martin Schulze <joey@linuxtag.org>
Date: Tue Jun 22 2004 - 14:35:39 CEST

http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2004/infomail-7.html
[ available in a couple of hours ]

1. Garbage

   We will provide you with garbage bags in our office. Please drop by
   if you need additional garbage bags. Please drop them at the booth
   in the back area so that visitors are not offended by a dirty booth
   with garbage. You can get as much bags as you need, so you don't
   have to clutter the booth with garbage.

   You would help us a lot if you could move filled up bags to the
   open floor in the when the show is over (i.e. each evening), so
   that cleansing personnel can pick them up.

2. Tables and Chairs

   There is a general rule of thumb for calculating the number of
   conference tables and chairs that a booth in the exhibition hall
   may use. It goes like this: For every 9 qm there are two tables and
   four chairs. There will be a general storage area for these where
   you can pick chairs and tables on your own.

   If you need more and haven't contacted me already, please let come
   into our office and talk to me. I have ordered a few more tables so
   I hope that there will be sufficient, but one never knows. If it
   should happen that some booths have way too few tables on Tuesday
   evening, we need to reconfigure. I hope you'll understand that in
   such a case "table-rich" booths would have to release a table.

   There's a different calculation for the booths in the conference
   building (Stadthalle). There's also a different calculation for the
   KIT furniture.

3. Cables

   Please ensure to take enough power and network cables with you.
   Please also take enough power multipliers with you. We are not able
   provide enough such equipment to support all projects booths, hence
   you should take enough equipment with you. Extension chords would
   be a good idea as well. So are hubs/switches for the TCP network.

4. Wavelan Planning: Access Points

   Our Wavelan experts ahve anticipated problems when you hook your
   own WLAN access point to the network. Last year we discovered some
   problems that were the results of competing access ports.

   Therefore, I'd like to ask and urge you not to hook an access port
   to the network without prior negotiation with Henning Wackernagel,
   who is reachable through our office during LinuxTag.

   If you have an access point of your own that you would like to run
   during LinuxTag, in order to help gate the booth lan into the wlan
   and/or to improve wlan accessability, please come to our office
   first and talk to Henning.

5. Photos

   Many of you will probably take their digital cameras with you and
   take pictures during LinuxTag. Joey plans to provide a list of
   picture galleries again. Hence, if you publish your pictures on a
   web page, please tell him so he can add your pictures to the list.

6. Reports

   If you are going to write a report or blog entry about this years'
   LinuxTag event, which will be published on a website, please give
   Joey the URL so he can add your report to the list of reports.

7. Problems

   Not everything will go as smooth as one planned it. That seems to
   be a law or something. Hence, if you experience any problems during
   LinuxTag which could be alleviate by the LinuxTag team or for which
   the LinuxTag team is even responsible for, please don't hesitate to
   meet Joey in the LinuxTag office. The worst thing that could happen
   is that nothing changes. However, chances are good that there may
   be ways to mitigate the oddity. The LinuxTag team can only help
   when they know about a problem in time.

   Since we probably won't have enough time to read mail or hang
   around in IRC channels sending mail or "talking" to us via IRC may
   not be the best way to reach us. Hence, please don't hesitate to
   meet us in the office.

8. Reaching LinuxTag

   If you need to reach the organisation during LinuxTag or during the
   last days of preparation, you'll have to use the phone. You can
   send interrupts at 0721/3720-4224. If there is a problem during
   LinuxTag, the last four digits can be used as internal phone
   numbers in case you see an internal phone near by.

9. Arriving at LinuxTag

   When you try to get here, don't follow the signs "Messe/dm arena".
   They lead to the new exhibition ground. Instead follow the signes
   "Kongresszentrum" or "Europahalle", they lead to the exhibition and
   conference center we are using.