Re: [OfficeProductivity] Hardware for the booth

From: Till Kamppeter (till.kamppeter@gmx.net)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 23:02:55 CEST

    Joerg Hoh wrote:
    > On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 02:17:50PM +0200, Till Kamppeter wrote:
    >

    >>Thank you in advance.
    >>
    >>This was really a big problem last year as Manalo tried to set up a
    >>gateway for the class B-and-a-half network (netmask 255.255.240.0) which
    >>Kurt wanted to have. On the Linux-Kongress in Cologne we did a class C
    >>with Mandrake?s internet access sharing tool which worked out-of-the-box
    >>but had no firewall. Some time ago, I already thought about bringing one
    >>of our firewall packs.
    >

    > Hm, why a firewall? Is in the net something more private you want to
    > hide? :-)

    I don?t see anything to hide. The only thing which an attacker could do
    is letting something break, but such things did not happen in the last
    years, so a firewall is not that important ...

    > Linuxtag provides Internet-Access via WLAN; is there some kind of
    > encryption and access control? Can everybody connect to the WLAN?

    I don?t know, I am crossposting to the
    linuxtag-projects@lists.infodrom.org list, probably there someone knows
    more ...

        Till