Re: unrated games

From: Joerg Scheurich aka MUFTI (rusmufti@helpdesk.rus.uni-stuttgart.de)
Date: Mon May 26 2003 - 17:19:28 CEST

    > What would you think is the WorldForge project supposed to do? We're
    > developing a framework to develop games, but we also have a demo game.
    > I'm quite ready to claim our CDs are either a "development kit" or a
    > game with the purpose of instructing people on how to use the framework
    > we provide, but to be honest, I don't want to risk a criminal record
    > just for that.

    I am not a lawyer, but i suspect, the new law has a big gap, cause
    the German TV-channel NBC-Giga still send screenshot sessions of rather
    violent games.
    I heard something about the law is only made for games on CD while
    "downloadable only" games are still not in question (yet ?).

    So if you would produce two demo games, you can distribute one as
    "downloadable only" and one on CD and maybe it would be legal to
    show the demo game.

    For a demo game, it is maybe not very important, when the two different
    version look very different....

    Of course you need advise of a lawyer or a official government authority
    to be sure !

    I think, at Linuxtag 2000 there was a booth with lawyers with special
    knowledge about open source and software questions....

    so long
    MUFTI

    --
    Sie koennen diese gesunden Wirkungen, die WAV Akten benutzt, auch benutzen
               (aus einem Softwarehandbuch, Stichworte: sound effect)