[LT Infomail#1] Organisation, Sleeping, Workshops, Furniture, Posters

From: Martin Schulze (joey@linuxtag.org)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 20:13:48 CEST

    http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2003/infomail-1.html
    [ available in a couple of hours ]

    1. LinuxTag 2002 is starting soon...

       Welcome everybody! In less than two months the show is over
       already, which means that there's a lot of work to do if we want to
       produce a successful event this year again. Organisation started
       early this year, but only now I'm sending out the first general
       letter.

       If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask
       me. However, if possible I will point to the FAQ which should
       already contain most of the information you'll need. You'll find
       additional information at
       <http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2003/>. Don't worry
       about the Debian part, this directory is just a collection for both
       general and Debian related organisation.

    2. Descriptions and Logos

       In the projects frontend at <http://www.infodrom.org/LinuxTag/>,
       you are able to edit the description for your project, both in
       English and German. You should at least add a German description
       there, since that's the main source that is publically visible (see
       the projects listing).

       Additionally I can confirm that the exhibition journal will cover
       the projects pavillon as well. Each project will be listed with a
       short description (max. 650 characters) and its logo. I'll have to
       provide the texts soon. In order to produce good descriptions,
       please provide a description of your project (max. 1000 characters)
       through the web frontend or via mail. You may take up the full
       space since this time there is a lot of room reserved for the
       description in the journal. I'll need to have those descriptions on
       May 28th.

       Each project can also submit a logo for the project. I already have
       logos for Linux-Audio, Debian, FSFE, GNOME, KDE, Krypto, PHP and
       VRML. For all other projects I require a new logo. Please send it
       via mail in a resolution as high as you can get, and don't use JPEG
       because of it's lossy compression. PS, TIFF and PNG are fine
       formats. The BSD logo was broken last year, so BSD people, please
       send a new one. I'll need these logos until May 29th.

    3. Sleeping Space in the Gym Hall

       I am happy to announce that this year again it is possible to stay
       at the gym hall named AKK with other project members during the
       nights if you don't want to go into a hotel. Please mark your entry
       in the projects interface if you want to stay there, so that we can
       calculate. Please use AKK for the name of the sleeping place if you
       want to stay in the gym hall. It is not yet clear how much
       breakfast will cost, but it's probably something like 1-3 EUR per
       day.

    4. Workshops

       Just like last year we have the opportunity to use two workshop
       rooms that offer space for about 50 people. If you want to give a
       talk for organize a Birds of a Feather session, just drop me a line
       and I'll reserve the room for you. At the moment, these rooms don't
       have a beamer yet, so I'm in need of two beamers for them. If you
       should be able to bring one with you, please let me know.

    5. Booth Furniture

       We will provide conference tables and chairs just like last
       year. It would be a good idea to take white table clothes (paper
       should even be sufficient) with you to enhance the visitors'
       impression.

    6. Posters and Flyers

       We would like to advertise LinuxTag as much as we can and hence use
       flyers and posters as much as possible. Therefore we would like to
       ask you whether you are able to decorate walls at your university
       and computer stores in your near environment with posters and add
       flyers to computer stores etc.

       If you would like to help us advertise LinuxTag, please drop me a
       line with the number of flyers and posters you think that you could
       use and I'll get them sent to you.

    Best regards,

            Joey