Re: Auswirkungen der JuSchG-Novelle zum 1.4.2003 auf Linux-Spiele

From: Alex Perry (alex.perry@ieee.org)
Date: Wed Apr 02 2003 - 09:29:25 CEST

    They're discussing a new german law that prohibits selling (and maybe also
    distribution) of any computer games to anyone who cannot provide ID to prove
    that they are over 18. Games for younger people need to have special prior
    official approval with an associated age marking on the outside of the box.
    This hits all the small software companies hard, but is especially difficult
    for open source and for schools that seek to develop their own software.
    Obviously this is a Germany-only problem, but affects LinuxTag exhibitors too.