Re: [LT Request] Logo required - Linux-Printing [HELP required too]

From: Kurt Pfeifle (kpfeifle@danka.de)
Date: Sun May 12 2002 - 12:46:04 CEST

Martin Schulze wrote:
> Moin!
>
> On <http://www.linuxtag.org/> (for a longer page please refer to
> <http://www.linuxtag.org/2002/deutsch/showitem.php3?item=292>) we are
> able to display a couple of logos from associated projects. The list
> currently is quite small, but with your help that can be fixed. :-)
>
> If you would like your project logo to be added to the list, please
> send me:
>
> . a GIF (or PNG) file, which is
>
> . antialiased to the current background, i.e. LinuxTag CI-Yellow
> (seems to be 0xFFD000)
>
> . either transparent or using the very same background colour
>
> . with a size of approx 64x64. If your logo is not quadratic, you
> may extend one dimension up to 100 pixels.

There are KDEPrint-Logos available: 1 in B-W, 1 in color, but unfortunately
both are JPG a.t.m and both don't sport a transparent, but a white background,
with a size of 200x138 pixels.

> For testing purpose, I'd like to ask you to simply copy the LinuxTag
> page and exchange a graphic with your logo to see if it fits.
>
> If you are unable to resize or re-alias an existing logo, please ask
> for help on linuxtag-projects@lists.infodrom.org.

OK -- could anyone please help here? The logos can be grabbed from

      http://printing.kde.org/logo.phtml

Color, small:
      http://printing.kde.org/pics/logo_colour_sm.jpg -- 200x138 pix, 7 kByte

Black+White, small
      http://printing.kde.org/pics/logo_bw_sm.jpg -- 200x138 pix, 7 kByte

(There are also 944 x 650 size versions, if that helps for re-working
them:

      http://printing.kde.org/pics/logo_colour.jpg -- 944x650 pix, 645 kByte
      http://printing.kde.org/pics/logo_bw.jpg -- 944x650 pix, 80 kByte )

> Somebody should be
> able to use GIMP (I'm not, sorry).
>
> Oh, and of course, the earlier you send the graphic, the better. :-)

Thanks for any help!

Cheers,
Kurt [Aah, Joey, as this "linuxtag-projects@lists.infodrom.org"
        is involving "@infodrom.org" again, I fear a rejection
        of my mail from this server again due to the not-working
        reverse-DNS of our mail server, which is not yet fixed.
        Could you forwared it please?]