[LT Infomail#8] Thanks, Photos, Reports, Feedback - Linux-Portierungen

From: Martin Schulze <joey@linuxtag.org>
Date: Mon Jul 12 2004 - 21:49:44 CEST

http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2004/infomail-8.html
[ available in a couple of hours ]

1. Thanks

   Thank you for attending LinuxTag. Again, this was an enjoyable and
   successful event, and even though I was quite busy and mostly
   running around like a maniac, I had a lot of fun this year in
   Karlsruhe. You have helped LinuxTag to be a success.

   I was quite pleased as most project booths were organised very well
   and visitors were able most of the time to guess what a booth is
   all about from a short glance at it. This is how a booth should be
   organised.

2. Tables and Chairs

   This year we have rented more tables and chairs than last year. I
   hope that there were enough for all projects this time. Fortunately
   they were placed in the elevator on Tuesday so that we were able to
   call it back and get some more tables even on Wednesday. However,
   this should only be an exception and we cannot guarantee it to work
   as well at future events.

   Were there enough tables? Or did we still have less than you would
   like to use at your booth? Please remember that the booth should
   still be interesting for visitors and have room for staff and
   visitors as well.

3. Photos

   As I already mentioned, I am [1]collecting URLs to picture
   galeries that cover LinuxTag. If you have taken photos during
   LinuxTag and placed them in your gallery afterwards, please drop me
   the URL if your gallery is not yet referenced in the collection
   linked to above.

   1. http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2004/pictures.html

   If you took pictures but don't have a gallery, we can host your
   LinuxTag pictures on a LinuxTag machine if you like to. Please drop
   Joey a line if you're interested.

4. Reports

   This year I'm also collecting [2]reports and web-log-items about
   LinuxTag. So if you wrote a report and would like to see it added
   in the above list, please drop Joey a line.

   2. http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2004/reports.html

5. Feedback

   If you would like to give us feedback about the organisation or
   implementation of LinuxTag, please don't hesitate to tell us. Of
   course, I'm especially interested in problems that we could avoid
   next year, especially if I can improve the situation personally.

   The projects interface will probably be shut down soon. Hence,
   don't worry if your accounts won't work anymore at the end of the
   year. In fact the system will be prepared for next year with a new
   database. It is anticipated that this will happen rather soon.