[LT Infomail#5] Booth map, Internet, Network, Power, Deliveries, Sleeping - Linux-Portierungen

From: Martin Schulze <joey@linuxtag.org>
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 10:13:04 CEST

http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2004/infomail-5.html
[ available in a couple of hours ]

1. Booth Map

   We have sorted out how and where to place your booths during the
   last weekend. You will most probably notice that many booths are
   quite small. Unfortunately we were not able to use more space, so
   all booths had to fit somehow.

   There are two versions of the exhibition map available, one from me
   with only projects and the official map including both commercial
   and non-commercial booths:

   * only projects
     http://hydra.linuxtag.uni-kl.de/~joey/LT2004/aufplanung.ps
   * official map
     http://hydra.hq.linuxtag.net/~ruth/Plan-LT/LinuxTag-Messeplan.pdf

   There will be a couple of projects in the Stadthalle, which are not
   present in the above maps. We will also print an exhibition map
   with an exhibitor listing that will be part of the exhibition
   journal. All projects will be mentioned there, including
   sub-projects.

2. Internet Connectivity

   We are trying to build a terrestrial network for your booths
   again. I cannot guarantee that it will work. I'm quite confident,
   though. The problem is that we need to fix them in 5-7m height at
   the ceiling.

   We're still lacking three long twisted pair cables at the moment,
   which we would need on Tuesday before LinuxTag. We still need two
   20m and one 50m cable. If you can spare one of them, please talk to
   Joey asap.

   If we should fail, there'll be wavelan again. There will be wavelan
   nevertheless, so if you plan to use an access point on your own,
   please coordinate its use with os so that they won't interfere too
   much. It does not make sense if 20% of all booths or all projects
   install their own AP. That's like it was last year or
   something. That would only contribute to low performance.

3. Network Equipment

   Please ensure that you take enough network cables with you. Please
   don't forget your switches either. You'll need them. Taking one
   10m cable with your for your booth would probably be a good idea as
   well. (Joey has some in the office as left-overs, but not enough
   for all projects).

   We will place at least four switches in the exhibition which will
   act as central switch for a booth compound (and for a connection to
   the next booth). These will be placed in the booth compounds around
   B61, F43, B84 and H102. Please don't turn them off. Please connect
   your booth to one of these switches if possible.

   For details and questions please contact Henning Wackernagel or me
   in the LinuxTag office.

4. Power Equipment

   Please don't forget to take enough power cables, power hubs and
   long power cables with your for your entire booth.

5. Deliveries to LinuxTag

   Up to now, only Debian told me about packages they get shipped
   directly to LinuxTag. If no other project has deliveries,
   fine. However, if other projects also get packages shipped directly
   to LinuxTag, please let me know in advance, so I have a chance to
   properly route them to your booth. Please see the FAQ item for
   details.

   http://www.infodrom.org/Debian/events/LinuxTag2004/faq.html#stuff

6. Sleeping in the AKK

   I'm sorry to say, but the AKK is filled up. That's the reason why
   you cannot assign for the AKK anymore. We have a list of people who
   did not find a place inside the AKK so we can calculate the need
   (which could be used for next year), hence, it would be helpful to
   contact Joey in this case as well.

   It is possible, to use a tent next to the AKK as well, but it has
   to be dismantled during the day. There will also be the university
   party on Saturday which could mean a lot of "fun" aka noise. If you
   use a tent, please talk to the AKK/KaLUG people in Karlsruhe, so
   they know about you.