#LinuxGER

Re: Alpha Angebot HobbyTronic Dortmund

Marcus Herbert (rhoenie@chillout.org)
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 22:50:08 +0200

Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 22:50:08 +0200
From: Marcus Herbert <rhoenie@chillout.org>
To: chillmail@chillout.org
Subject: Re: Alpha Angebot HobbyTronic Dortmund

On Wed, Apr 22, 1998 at 10:49:08PM +0200, Michael Holzt wrote:
> At 11:06 22.04.98 +0200, you wrote:
> >> Our offer for Linux Users on the HobbyTronic in Dortmund 22-26 April
> >> 1) DM 100,- Digital AXPpci board incl. 166Mhz Alpha Processor

> Ich war heute da, und hab mir eins gekauft. Jetzt steh ich aber vor
> dem nächsten Problem. Das Ding will PS/2-SIMMs mit ECC-Error Correction.
> Sind das Standard-PS/2 mit Parity? Und wo bekommt man sowas billig?
>
> Wer weiß mehr?
>
> Ach ja, wer noch eins will, sollte sich beeilen. Die hatten nur so ca. 20
> Boards.

Translation:

I was there today and bought me one. But now I am fronted with the next
problem. This beast only eats PS/2-SIMM with ECC-error correction.
This are standard PS/2 with parity? Where can one get this cheap?

Anybody knows further details?

Ah.. and btw you have to hurry. They only had some 20 boards left.

--
        Key-ID: 666/36540865 1997/06/09
   Fingerprint: CF F3 84 5C A9 0A 90 A9  41 C3 18 60 90 D8 03 A0