Re: Syslog dropping messages, udp buffer full

From: guy keren <choo_at_actcom.co.il>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 00:20:18 +0200

it sounds like the amount of logs being sent to the server are more then
it can write to disk in a given time period.

you might want to try to reduce the logs sent, to filter them (log only
messages with a higher level or from certain facilities), or make the
disks on the remote server faster - replacing them with faster disks, or
replacing them with a RAID in a faster configuration, etc.

--guy