Re: syslog out to non standard port?

From: Martin Schulze <joey_at_infodrom.org>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 20:22:27 +0100

Hi Chris!

Chris Lyon wrote:
> Sorry if this has been covered before but it seems there is some confusion around sending syslog out to a non standard port.
>
> Below is a snip of the config and we have :515 as the output. Should this work or is there another way to get this working?
>

> <snip from syslog.conf>
> local4.* @1.1.1.1:515

The standard syslog daemon does not support this syntax. Currently the
only way to send messages to a non-standard port is to alter /etc/services
and change the port number for the service syslog.

Feel free to fetch the current sources and work on a patch. Even if
it shouldn't be accepted, it can be placed in the contrib area at
least and help other people.

Please use git to fetch the current source code:
  http://www.infodrom.org/projects/sysklogd/git.php

Ten years and still binary compatible.  -- XFree86