syslog

From: Laurence Mayer <laurence_at_istraresearch.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 17:49:16 +0300

Hi Joey,

I hope you can help.

I have been trying for days to get the below to work with no success.

I have configured a central syslog server.

I am able to receive the "messages" from the remote servers.

I am unable to get the central syslog server to separate the  logfiles  accordingly.

All logs are logged to a single file.

I have read the man pages, but honestly they are not clear on how to setup the host (`+') etc.

Please can you send me a simple example of how to do this.

Thanks in advance.

Laurence Mayer