Updating sysklogd

From: Greg Trounson <gregt@maths.otago.ac.nz>
Date: Thu Jul 01 2004 - 00:14:36 CEST

Gidday,

How do you go about releasing the next version of sysklogd? I have
submitted a documentation patch to the cvs list but so far have heard
nothing back. I see that no new version has been released in the last
three years, and such a small patch should not warrant a new major
revision number, but nevertheless I still believe the software needs to
be distributed as up-to-date as possible. Are there plans for a version
1.4.1.1 for example?

Should I just submit my updates to individual distro providers (debian,
redhat, etc)? I was hoping the development effort wouldn't need to be
so fragmented.

Greg