Sysklog 1.4.1

From: Dan McGrath (troubled@emaildesktop.com)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 00:58:32 CET

I am using debian sarge system running "sysklogd 1.4.1-10 System Logging
Daemon". I am having a problem with the auth and authpriv facilities. I have
attached my syslog.conf file as well for inspection.

What I have noticed is that *.* @hostname works to send logs to my main
server, but even with *.* being sent remotely and to /var/log/syslog as
well, auth and authpriv are not included for some reason. Also,
auth,authpriv /var/log/auth.log works, but if I add another line or change
that one to @hostname instead of /var/log/auth.log, it still doesnt log
anything to the remote machine. Any ideas?

Let me know if I am doing something wrong, its driving me nuts over here. I
assume its security related, but the man page doesnt say anything about why
this doesnt work as expected. Thanks.

Dan