Patch to add a -x option to syslogd

From: Andrew Pollock (me@andrew.net.au)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 05:48:34 CET

    I have attached a diff I produced from the Red Hat sources for syslogd
    (their version 1.4.1) and the mainstream syslogd 1.4.1

    The -x option disables DNS lookups on the origin of remote messages
    received when syslogd uses the -r option (which someone here has gone
    rabid about the lack of in the Debian syslogd, claiming that "all the
    BSD's have it).

    So, I humbly submit this patch for consideration. I take no credit or
    responsibility for it, I simply ran the diff.

    regards

    Andrew