Re: syslog patches

From: Martin Schulze (joey@infodrom.org)
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 08:04:13 CEST

    Miller, Scott L wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I've just finished (I thought) a quick patch to the 1.4.1 sysklogd sources,
    > and was attempting to figure out where to send the patch information. I
    > noticed John Hughes had a number of good patches, but don't think any of
    > them have made it to the source tree(s) that I've found.
    >
    > Martin Schulze, you were a proliffic developer of this package at one time,
    > yet I see in one of the archived messages that you can't update the source
    > directly, so what is the trick to actually submitting, and ultimately getting
    > patches made to the syslog source tree?

    Right, they haven't made it yet, but they're under consideration.
    Small patches that are well documented, easy to understand, which are
    not intrusive and meet my own opinion about sysklogd, will probably
    applied earlier.

    Please send your patch to infodrom-sysklogd@lists.infodrom.org,
    that is the proper list. Since it's archived, it also means
    that the patch won't get lost.

    GNU does not eliminate all the world's problems, only some of them.
                                                    -- The GNU Manifesto