syslog patches

From: Miller, Scott L (Scott.L.Miller@hp.com)
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 00:03:01 CEST

    Hi all,

    I've just finished (I thought) a quick patch to the 1.4.1 sysklogd sources,
    and was attempting to figure out where to send the patch information. I
    noticed John Hughes had a number of good patches, but don't think any of
    them have made it to the source tree(s) that I've found.

    Martin Schulze, you were a proliffic developer of this package at one time,
    yet I see in one of the archived messages that you can't update the source
    directly, so what is the trick to actually submitting, and ultimately getting
    patches made to the syslog source tree?

    I've emailed this to several people who might have some insight into this
    process, if anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

    -Scott L. Miller
    Senior Network Engineer
    HP Direct