A Bug with syslogd in syslogd.c

From: Xuanzhou Dong (xuanzhou@ttb.siemens.com)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 00:28:29 CEST

    For Version 1.3-33
    The current syslogd daemon doesn't create the /dev/log unix domain
    socket if it
    can't get the service port for syslog.
    So if someone deletes the syslog service entry in /etc/sevices, syslogd
    will continue
    to run. But since the /dev/log is not created, this makes no sense.
    The fix seems to be very straightforward. A rearrangement of the code in
    init() in syslogd.c
    should solve this problem.
    If I miss something, please correct me

    Xuanzhou Dong