Re: Next try: sysklogd 1.4

Subject: Re: Next try: sysklogd 1.4
From: Olaf Kirch (okir@caldera.de)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 10:19:41 CEST

On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 09:36:26AM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> There were some more fixes, so this is the next release candidate:

I just looked at the source and noticed that Unix stream sockets are back.
Didn't we have a discussion about switching to datagram sockets about
a year ago? I have a patch in my source RPM that does this, and the
reason it's there was to avoid DoS attacks by clients that ate up
syslogd's file descriptor pool. The second problem this patch fixes
was flooding a syslogd that listens to UDP packets with ICMP errors.

I'm attaching the patch relative to 1.3.31.

Olaf

--
Olaf Kirch         |  --- o --- Nous sommes du soleil we love when we play
okir@monad.swb.de  |    / | \   sol.dhoop.naytheet.ah kin.ir.samse.qurax