Re: Syslog.conf question

Martin Schulze (joey)
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 12:40:04 +0200

Work Account wrote:
> Hi,
> I am running syslogd -r so it will accept writes from remote syslog
> computers... I was wondering if there is any way of redirecting INCOMING
> syslog messages to a particular file... ie. If I accept syslog messages
> from 3 machine ... I want all messages from machine 1 to go my local
> /var/log/machine1 and all messages from machine 2 to go my local
> /var/log/machine2... etc.... is this even possible?

Currently you'll have to use a pipe and a program (C, Perl, Python
etc.) to divert those messages. Alternatively you can try this
patch: ftp://ftp.infodrom.north.de/pub/people/joey/sysklogd/syslogd.byhost.diff.gz

If you come from outside of Finland, you live in wrong country.
	-- motd of irc.funet.fi
-