Re: Wrong detection of new mails

From: Joey Schulze <joey_at_infodrom.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 07:20:11 +0200

Pavel Sanda wrote:
> > To avoid this, we'd need a msgid buffer or something similar which
> > would increase the complexity and size of newmail. I could accept
>
> i think the current solution is better than complicating code.
>
> > to save the last name+subject/msgid and check against this before
> > reporting a new mail, however, duplicate mail wouldn't be recognised
> > then.
> > I'd rather leave the code with the attached patch.
>
> sorry, i didnt get any attachment in the previous mail.

*#@$$(@ I always forget that...

It's here:
http://cvs.infodrom.org/./newmail/mbox.c.diff?r1=1.15;r2=1.16

> in fact i made small change inside the patch meanwhile -
> there is one more printf to terminal in the code, which
> has to be avoided...

Understood. Incorporated in the patch below.

Combined patch will be available as:
http://cvs.infodrom.org/./newmail/mbox.c.diff?r1=1.15;r2=1.17

Whenever you meet yourself you're in a time loop or in front of a mirror.