erronious empty "new message" reported when mbox modified

From: Ed Anderson <eanderson@rpath.com>
Date: Thu Sep 22 2005 - 20:59:31 CEST

Hello,
I just started using newmail (thanks for writing it :) and everytime I read a
message that was marked New (in Mutt) and save the mailbox contents, newmail reports that a new "empty" message has just arrived. I could only reproduce this when marking messages read, and could not reproduce it by editing the contents of
emails.

I was mostly wondering if you had run into this before. It would certainly be
easy for me to write a quick hack to filter out empty messages from being
reported, but I figured you might have a better way.

Thanks,
Ed Anderson