New version 1.4.1 is out (cfingerd)

Martin Schulze (joey)
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 20:05:41 +0200

Hi,

I'm happy to announce version 1.4.1 of cfingerd. It's mainly a bugfix
release and features support for FreeBSD.

Here's the changelog:

CFINGERD 1.4.1 08/29/99
  - Path for cfingerd.conf is now configurable via --conf= (Configure)
  - Corrected read code
  - Disabled DAEMON_MODE again
  - Max. 10MB of output will be used from external programs
  - If nobody's logged in, that's displayed, instead of a header.
  - Support for FreeBSD

As usual, it is found at ftp://ftp.infodrom.north.de/pub/people/joey/cfingerd/

I haven't integrated IPv6 yet since I'm not yet convinced that IPv6
is stable - and I haven't played with it at all. I'd appreciate if
the IPv6 people would test it and provide a proper patch later. I
guess there will be more than just three weeks until the next release
so there is plenty of time to fix bugs if there should be some.

The good thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.
	-- Andrew S. Tanenbaum