Re: bug in finger

Martin Schulze (joey)
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 00:00:34 +0200

Carl Sorensen wrote:
> The following appeared when I was trying to find mirror sites for the Free
> Software Foundation. I was trying to finger fsf from orion.et.byu.edu.
>
> Hope this is helpful to you.

> orion% finger fsf@prep.ai.mit.edu
> [prep.ai.mit.edu]
> Signal "SIGSEGV": Segmentation violation signal
>
> Please report this bug to cfingerd@infodrom.north.de!

Ouch, sorry for answering *that* late. In the meantime the bug
has been found and dealt with, even the FSF have upgraded their
box:

finlandia!joey(tty6):~> finger fsf@prep.ai.mit.edu
[prep.ai.mit.edu]
/usr/local/etc/fingerdir/hostdata: file has not changed in 2 days, 6:58:38
Incoming FSF orders for 59 Temple Place (fsforder) is not presently logged in.
Last seen at delysid.gnu.org on Fri Jul 2 10:58:23 1999

There are lies, statistics and benchmarks.