[shin@fosdem.org: [FOSDEM standholders] Welcome to FOSDEM 2024]

From: Joost van Baal-Ilić <joostvb-debian_at_mdcc.cx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 11:46:05 +0100

See attached: we are granted a booth.
Thanks Jean-Pierre for picking this up!

Bye,

Joost

attached mail follows:

Dear FOSDEM stand organisers,

Welcome to FOSDEM! We are very happy to welcome your project this year.
Please take your time to read through this information sheet and the
Code of Conduct (https://fosdem.org/practical/conduct/).

Stands are located in three buildings on the campus: the upper (+2) and
lower (+1) corridors of the K building, the lower floor of H and the
corridors of AW. The list of stands with their location is on the
FOSDEM website (https://fosdem.org/stands/). Note that the exact
location (in the building) will only be known closer to the event.

During FOSDEM, the stands team and the building coordinators can be
reached via the H or K infodesk. If it is very urgent, an emergency
phone number is available: +32 2 788 74 74.

- Build-up

Before the conference begins on Saturday, you will have time to set up
your stand. We ask that you start around 8:30 with building up your
stand and finish around 10:00 so all stands are ready by the time our
visitors arrive.

We will provide each stand with a table, chairs and a power cord. While
we try to provide every stand with an individual power socket (Belgian
E type - http://www.worldstandards.eu/electricity/plugs-and-sockets/),
the layout of the building makes this sometimes impossible, so some
stands will share a power cord. WiFi (best-effort) will be present in
all buildings, but we cannot provide fixed (ethernet) internet.

Please do not move the tables or chairs; the position of stands has to
be agreed beforehand with ULB for fire safety reasons, so we have very
little flexibility there. For the same reason, we cannot provide extra
tables. We kindly ask to not put anything in front of fire equipment,
exits or doorways. Most fire equipment is marked with safety tape.

To prevent damage to the buildings, please do not attach anything to
the walls, windows etc. You can bring anything else (e.g. roll banners,
a new, branded, table cloth, demo items etc.), as long as it fits on
your table (180x80 cm).

Sadly, we cannot accept any shipments on behalf of stands, and it is
not possible to ship items to the ULB. If you have a lot of material,
it's best if you check with your hotel to see if they can accept
shipments for you.

- During the event

For security reasons, we ask that there is always someone from the
project present at your stand. This also gives visitors a more pleasant
experience, as there will always be somebody at hand to answer
questions.

We ask that you do not distribute food or drinks; we do not have
permission from the ULB to do so. Small quantities (e.g. cookies) are
OK, but large-scale distribution or the selling of large amounts of
food or drink is not allowed.

You must vacate the building by 19:00 on Saturday. Buildings are closed
during the night, but not guarded. You can store your valuable items in
the cloak room during the night (after 18:00); but you should take your
items out before 8. Sunday is a very busy day for the cloak room
because many people will leave their luggage in the cloak room.

Please keep the vicinity of your stand clean; life is better for
everybody if the conference is nice and clean.

- Tear-down

When the event ends on Sunday, please clear up your stand and the
immediate vicinity. There is a person responsible for every building,
and they will be able to help you with any questions you might have
regarding tear-down.

The clean-up starts when the devrooms close, usually around 17:00. By
17:30, everything should be packed up so we can clean and close the
buildings. All items you brought, you should take back. So all posters,
stickers, banners etc. that you used to decorate your stand, or did not
hand out to visitors, you should take with you or throw in the trash.
You would make the clean-up volunteers very happy if you take the time
to gently sweep the surroundings of your stand.

Every building has a collection point (K+2 behind the auditorium, under
the stairs at AW, near H Infodesk) where you should bring chairs,
tables and all other FOSDEM equipment. You will also find brooms and
garbage bags there. Please put chairs and tables on the correct carts,
and all other FOSDEM equipment in the labeled boxes. It will save us a
lot of time afterwards if everything is nicely packed up.

We hope you will have a pleasant experience at FOSDEM and that your
project will benefit from having a stand. Should you have any more
questions or remarks, don't hesitate to contact us via
stands_at_fosdem.org.

Kind regards,

The FOSDEM stands team

--