Re: Migrating flyers from CVS to Git?

From: Andreas Tille <andreas_at_an3as.eu>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 13:11:26 +0100

Dear Laura,

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 11:56:10AM +0100, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:
> > when I went through the stuff I checked out from Alioth I stumbled upon
> > debian-flyers CVS.
>
> That repo was migrated to git already, some months ago:
>
> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-flyers/debian-flyers.git/

Cool!

> but without commit hooks:
>
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-flyers-devel/2017-April/000365.html

Commit hooks is a frequently discussed topic but as long as the
commit mailing list exists - I know what to do on Salsa. :-)

> Andreas, if migrating from git-alioth to git-salsa (and setting up the hooks) is
> an easy task for you, I would say "please go ahead".

That's perfectly fine. Do you think there should be a separate team
for the flyers or should we just move it under group debian. As far
as I can see we are talking about a single repositry so for my naive
outsider perspective debian group would be fine but if you want me
to create a separate team I'll do so and would propose

   Group: Debian Flyers team
   Dir: flyers-team

(the '-team' extension would be mandatory)

> I'm CC'ing the
> debian-flyers-devel list for the case somebody is already working on it or want
> to discuss/detail something.

Very sensible. :-) I'll drop debian-events-eu in my next response. I
was just posting there since this was the channel where I learned about
flyers.

> And BTW we may should think about what to do with the mailing list itself. I'm
> not an "owner" of that so maybe this is under control already and it's just that
> I don't know...

Mailing list owners usually are asked whether they want get their lists
moved to some different host. In case nobody has just answered this
question with "yes" I could search for the announcement (some weeks
ago on debian-devel or so).

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--