Re: Migrating flyers from CVS to Git?

From: Laura Arjona Reina <larjona_at_debian.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 12:05:40 +0100

El 23/02/18 a las 11:56, Laura Arjona Reina escribió:
> Hi!
>
> El 23/02/18 a las 11:02, Andreas Tille escribió:
>> Hi,
>>
>> when I went through the stuff I checked out from Alioth I stumbled upon
>> debian-flyers CVS.
>
> That repo was migrated to git already, some months ago:
>
> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debian-flyers/debian-flyers.git/
>
> but without commit hooks:
>
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-flyers-devel/2017-April/000365.html
>

> I have no idea about CVS at all (I do not even know
>> how to get a fresh checkout - I'm somehow fail to find the according
>> doc) but somebody should care for a migration to Salsa since I consider
>> the flyers valuable stuff. If nobody volunteers may be you can point me
>> at least to some basic information like how I managed to check out the
>> repository on my disk since this has probably the needed information for
>> git-cvsimport. I've somehow read the Debian Website team does some
>> large scale CVS to Git migration but I did not follow this closely.
>>

> Andreas, if migrating from git-alioth to git-salsa (and setting up the hooks) is
> an easy task for you, I would say "please go ahead". I'm CC'ing the
> debian-flyers-devel list for the case somebody is already working on it or want
> to discuss/detail something.
>
> And BTW we may should think about what to do with the mailing list itself. I'm
> not an "owner" of that so maybe this is under control already and it's just that
> I don't know...

ah, and with the webpage:
http://debian-flyers.alioth.debian.org/

For this, maybe a README in the git repo can do.

There was an anonymous FTP area, too:
ftp://debian-flyers.alioth.debian.org/pub/debian-flyers
but it seems that is not working.
I don't know if we could store and offer "binaries" in salsa, I'll ask.

Cheers

--
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona